Saturday, May 10, 2008

Next stop.... Guanaja .........ooooops!

After paying my departure tax and clearing security, I head for the International departure terminal. I'm headed for Guanaja, a domestic location, but it seems the domestic terminal is under construction. I have a choice of about 7 gates none of which are identified to be a Sosa gate. After observing some other people, most as confused as I am, I think I'm in the right place. I hook up with a couple of other gringos from Ft Lauderdale on the way to End of the World Resort on Guanaja to do a little bone fishing. I break the bad news to them that we first go to La Ceiba and then on to Guanaja. Seems they were under the impression that it was a direct flight.....ooooops! Finally our flight is called and we head thru Door #5. Out onto the tarmac where the gringos disappointment of not being on a direct flight, is quickly overshadowed by the sleek ultramodern (not!) aircraft we are about to board! As I recall their comment was something like "what the f3$* did we get ourselves into?"
The signage inside the aircraft is all in Russian or some similar language, and the interior decor reminds me of a well used military transport. I sit directly behind the pilot and after a smooth taxi and takeoff were on our way..... To Guanaja ....via La Ceiba.

After a smooth half hour flight and a good landing, a quick plane change in La Ceiba, and we are finally on to our final destination of Guanaja.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you lucky enough to have AC on your flight? Last time I flew with Islenia I found the real reason for the "in air safety instructions" ... they make a handy - dandy fan!

Funlovers
http://www.WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com