Friday, May 9, 2008

Off on a Guanaja Mission!

After boarding AA Flt 941 in Miami bound for San Pedro Sula, Honduras, I settle in and get my ipod ready to give me a little dose of Jimmy. Unfortunately, the Admiral won't be accompanying me on this maiden voyage due to some dog issues at home. The 2 hour flight is uneventful, we land in San Pedro and I make my way thru Immigration and Customs. I notice my handler, who is supposed to be a young Honduran lady, but turns out to be a gentleman, with my name hand scribbled on a piece of yellow legal paper. As I'm being photographed in Immigration he grabs my bags and is off. Suddenly I realize I don't know who he is or where he has gone, however a quick scan around the small terminal reveals his (and my bags) presence. I clear Immigration and he wisks me thru Customs. Into the terminal and we hook up with Capt Bob of Castaway's Resort, and Jenny, his marketing director. Jenny has me practically checked in (this consists of finding my name on a hand written manifest and putting a line thru it) for my Sosa Airlines flight to La Ceiba then on to Guanaja. Capt Bob then directs me to a "money changer" where I trade some $usd$ for "limps.....wow did I get a handful! After a get acquainted chat with Capt Bob and Jenny, they give me the lowdown on the departure tax and point me in the direction of the departure gate. So far so good......I have made my connection and am on the way to Guanaja!

1 comment:

Denise Clarke said...

YIPPEEEEE!!!! Guanaja bound ....

http://www.Guanaja-Honduras.blogspot.com